Thursday, June 19, 2003

Education Fair

Coming next week to our site here in NG-Rolling Meadows will be an "Education Fair", where a bunch of local schools will show up with information on their graduate programs. Places like Purdue, Northwestern, DePaul, and IIT are gonna be there to talk to us about opportunities for continuing education.

For the past 3 or 4 years, I've gone to nothing but job fairs, looking for a place to start my career. I've gotten used to handing out resumes and trying to explain to HR reps or interviewers what I have to offer to their company and why they should hire me. Now, I'm less than a year into career life, and already I'm being pointed back to school. A weird feeling.

I think I'm gonna pass on this education fair thing for now, but maybe next year I'll go. It might be nice for once to be the one asking the question: "What do you have to offer me?". "Why should I choose your program?"

No comments: